What is the Evening Healing Therapy?
Healing therapy is different from physical therapy that usually requires the use of instruments.
Function and Meaning of Evening Healing Therapy
- Eliminate the “dust” (toxins accumulated) from the daytime: 10pm is the best time to get rid of the negative lung energy.
- Lung should avoid overcrowded Qi therefore you need to cleanse bad Qi and clean your lung. A healthy lung benefits five/six organs of heart, lung, spleen, kidney, liver and Pericardium Meridian as well as its corresponding small intestine, large intestine, stomach, bladder, gall bladder and SanJiao (The Chinese calls them “Five/Six Zang and Six Fu).
- “Hai Shi”, 9 to 11pm in the evening is the last hour in the Chinese “12 hour” time system. It corresponds to the Hand ShaoYangSanJiaoJing (one of the 12 meridian channels, or called SanJiaoJing (Triple Energizer), it belongs to upper, middle and lower burners, i.e., the head, thorax and abdomen where essential energy, digested food and body liquid circulate.
Everyday in “Hai Shi” from 9 to 11 pm, all your energy and blood enter and circulate in SanJiao And Pericardium Meridian, related to your eyes, ears, lung and diaphragmgoverning all energy in our body and smoothing all meridian channel flow. At this time, all energy and blood are gathering in SanJiao and Yin energy is abundant. Drink less water and get ready to sleep in order to maintain the calm state in all organs so that the body can rest and recuperate. Many elders who live up to 100 years share this common habit which is going to bed at “Hai Shi”. There is an ancient saying: “Hai Shi promotes wellness, SanJiao is well circulated, and all illnesses can be prevented”.
1 — Shaking whole body Gently
2 — Discharging Toxin out of Kidneys
3 — Striking ZhongFu Point in the Upper Chest
4 — Joyfully Patting ShanZhong Point
5 — Shoulder and Arm Care
6 — Fortifying Wrist with Three Fingers
7 — Swinging Arms with Hollow Fist
8 — Rubbing Waist and Vitalizing Kidneys
9 — Gently Tapping Gall Bladder Meridian
10 — Tipping Toes in Backward-Stepping
- The best time to practice the “Evening Healing Therapy”: 9:00pm to 10:30pm during Chinese Hai Shi hour (9pm to 11pm).
- During Chinese Zi Shi hour (11 pm to 1am the next morning), you should not practice the “Evening Healing Therapy”.
- You may practice the “Evening Healing Therapy” during the daytime. This practice should not exceed three time a day (for full set), but if practicing one or few sections, the frequency can be increased.